Genocide Awareness Project re: abortion

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Oct 12 09:58:06 PDT 2002

. . . One reason I am opposed to Roe v. Wade philosophically is that it encourages this binary approach to rights and in many ways empowers the rhetoric of the "right to lifers" who just propose an alternative trump card to the right to privacy (always a rotten part of the decision, since a defense of women's right not to be enslaved either individually or socially as a group is far stronger in any case). -- Nathan Newman

It sounds like we agree on the bottom line. Abortion is not a matter of rights. It is for the State to set the bounds for determining who or what lives or dies.

mbs