abortion

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 12 20:45:30 PDT 2002

Michael Pollak wrote:

>...I think most people think death is a bad, in itself,
>pre-discourse, for whomever it happens to...

If that were so, you wouldn't have majorities supporting the right to eu[good]thanasia[death] for people suffering terminally painful illnesses. But why should what "most people think" be a standard of good or evil? Do *you* think the world today would be a better place to live in if death had been abolished (even if only for humans) a few thousand years ago?

Shane Mage

"immortals mortals, mortals immortals, living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62