Demonstration to Stop the WAR (Fri, Oct 11)

s-t-t at juno.com s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Oct 13 11:42:30 PDT 2002

Chuck writes:

> Just to toy with the most depressing scenario I can imagine. Let's
> say it all works out just fine and most Iraqis accept it, going on
> about their business.

Yeah, but that's a hard thing to buy should the foreign power responsible for over a decade of the most comprehensive sanctions in history and two wars occupies the country and denies the opposition any real role in shaping a post-Saddam Iraq. Perhaps they'll be two wars, one against Saddam, and another against sections of the opposition, with the latter conflict indefinitely prolonging the 'transition' to democracy. Of course, the recalcitrant forces could simply be branded 'hardliners' for rejecting Gen. Franks's 'reforms.'

-- Shane