sex and the left

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Wed Oct 16 12:00:17 PDT 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:31:16 -0700

joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> wrote:

> My solution was to casually introduce reasonable reading
> material in the house. So I would leave Anand's book
> "Sexual Ecstasy" about, and some of Susie Bright's books,
> and stuff like that. Also, I spoke to my children about
> sex, comfortably, honestly ever since they started asking
> questions (age 5).

An amusing (true?) story I heard somewhere. Apparently some young girls were reading some of those Judy Blume novels about high school life. They came across the word "period"--something they never heard before in this particular context, so they asked their mom what a "period" was.

Red faced, the mom fumbled, explaining about the changes in a girls life as she becomes a teen. The girls looked at eachother more confused then ever.

If the mother read the book, she would have realised that the "periods" they were asking about were the kind in between classes! --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]