Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 17 06:11:40 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> [clip]
> However, maybe Thomas knows something I don't, so I'm asking.
> I want to know what the problem is, _specifically_.

The problem is that penumbra of the left which consists of passive fans who, having no way to participate in active pursuit of left goals, are reduced (on the model of the "Bleacher Bums" in Wrigley field) to caterwauling at the players.

At least The Chicago Cubs exist as an objective entity, but these political fans of the left must first create in their imaginations such a coherent entity in order then to hurl their beer cans at it.

So the effort in this thread to create an "anti-sex left" to castigate merely represents the Bleacher Bums at their most desperate. Every Bleacher Bum knows in his/her heart that if _she_ or _he_ had the running of things, The Cubs -- pardon me, The Left -- would soon be world champions.

Carrol