Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 18 08:46:56 PDT 2002

Chip Berlet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Anthony Kennerson [wrote]
> >
> <<SNIP>>
>
> > As for Carole's notion that the "anti-sex left" is only a
> > [MORE SNIPS cbc]>
> <<SNIP>>
>
> I really urge people to go and read the Jensen article to appreciate what a
> major distortion of the work is contained in the above paragraph by
> Kennerson.

Perhaps misspellings of my name are less innocent than I usually take them to be. If Chip is correct, then Kennerson's spelling of my name, like his reading of Counterpunch, exhibits a tendency to read what one expects [hopes] to read rather than read what is on the page.

Anthony's other misreading of my post stems not (at least not necessarily) from misreading but from the fact that he is new to the list and not familiar with my continual campaign against a reification of "The Left." That of course was the animus of my post -- I was indifferent to what he had to say one way or the other about sex. I neither agreed nor disagreed with his description -- I disagreed with his assumption that there was something, "THE LEFT", to be described.

Carrol