Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 18 13:42:08 PDT 2002

At 10:00 AM -0400 10/17/02, Anthony Kennerson wrote:
>And I won't begin to mention the numerous anti-abortion leftists who
>appear on this list from time to time. (In my personal view, the
>centerpiece of anti-abortion activism (whether left or right) isn't
>about protecting the fetus; it's controlling women and their
>sexuality; it's no surprise that most "pro-life" leftists also
>happen to be staunchly sex-negative and erotophobic.)

Anti-abortion leftists are a distinct (though sometimes vocal) minority of LBO-talk subscribers (who probably number about 300, including lurkers). That said, you don't wanna have heterosexual male leftists who are against abortion running around chasing women, much less girls; they ought to refrain from having intercourse unless their partners are ready to have babies or they have vasectomy performed on them; and women are well advised to shun their sexual advances. -- Yoshie