Hitch on Hardball

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Oct 18 10:18:03 PDT 2002

Is Lapham wrong. bin Laden will pass. He may even be dead now. The Ashcroft madness may be much harder to reverse. Noam was telling Doug yesterday about the hard won victories for more enlightened policies in the US, yet Ashcroft can extinguish them.

I think it better than to compare the two to see them as a cojoined pair. Bush and Ashcroft would still be seen as bufoons without bin Laden.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu