Hitch on Hardball

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 18 11:21:57 PDT 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>This is exactly what I've been saying for years about Judith Butler's
>NLR article. It also applies to most of what appears on this list in the
>guise of left self-criticism.

What part, the dour, humorless part? One could assemble some of your own posts into a proof text for that, or pick up an issue of Z. And as for Butler's criticisms, you mean to tell me there are no Marxists who think that feminism and the gay/lesbian movement are diversion from the real struggle, which is class struggle? You're not serious about that, are you?

Doug