Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:12:22 PDT 2002

budge said:

>But Dennis has said he's anti-abortion, but doesn't want the State involved
>in banning it. I don't recall CGE being in favor of banning it, but I may
>have missed some of his posts. (He certainly has been more vocal in his
>opposition, at times, than Dennis.)

Dennis said,

>Oh, by the way, though I am pro-choice, I am anti-abortion. A living >thing
>_is_ snuffed out.

There might be a quote I'm missing, but that, to me at least, says that while he supports women's choice in having or not having an abortion, he's not going to insist that they must have one, or that it's an acceptable form of birth control, or such thing. He doesn't like the idea, and he would probably want his two-cents heard, but he doesn't sound as though he's going to insist on women either having an abortion or not having one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dennis.

C.G.'s words here (too tired to cut and paste all that) hint very strongly, especially in the earliest post, to including fetuses in the ever widening circle of "what is human" and therefore "worthy of life".

Re: abortion (Fri Oct 11 2002 - 15:22:07 EDT) Re: abortion (Fri Oct 11 2002 - 11:00:24 EDT) Re: abortion (Thu Oct 10 2002 - 22:45:24 EDT)

I'm not saying that C.G. wants to ban abortions, I said earlier that only C.G.'s posts, out of all the posts on the topic came, "remotely close to being anti-abortion". And that's not very close to being anti-abortion as the term is used to my mind, at least.

(Apologies for partially re-opening this can'o'worms again, folks.)

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp