Towards a More Sex-Positive -- And More Relevant -- Left

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 18:26:12 PDT 2002

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote: I don't see male US leftists "scared shitless of women." To take just one example, women are a tiny minority among regular posters to LBO-talk

Perhaps you didn't understand. I am not arguing that women are not under-represented on list-serves such as this, or in most institutions. Of course, you are right about that. I am talking about sexual dynamics, when I say that I find that many male US leftists are "scared shitless of women".

<<On the whole, men (in or out of left-wing institutions) still speak louder than they ought.>>

What do they do if they want to get laid? Would sign language be permissible? Or should they just wait until the woman makes the first move? :) I say that in jest, but I believe that is really a big question for the timid SNAG leftist.

-Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."