The Brilliant Empire Re: Hitch playing a lefty on TV....

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Oct 20 10:33:55 PDT 2002

>Hitch obviously had Yoshie in mind when writing that. She has
>nothing really positive to say about OBL, North Korea, etc, (after
>all, it would be difficult to find anything positive) so resorts to
>a counter-attack. She belongs to the "a good defense is a good
>offense" school of rhetoric.
>
>Of course, Hitchen is playing the same game, only the other side of
>the coin. Instead of criticizing both sides, he decides that we
>must choose between the two and sides with the Empire.
>
>Thomas

Has the US government _already_ decided to attack North Korea? You are getting ahead of imperialists. :->

As I said, what I'm interested in first and foremost is "regime change" in US (where I am at now) and Japan (where I am from and may go back). I have my priorities. I guess you don't.

As for choosing sides, I don't think of the two sides as "USA" vs. "OBL," "USA" vs. "North Korea," etc. The sides that I have in mind are the working class in the USA (and nations on which the US government has or is ready to make war on) vs. the power elite in the USA; and the working class in Japan vs. the power elite of the USA and Japan. -- Yoshie