the anti sex left

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Tue Oct 22 13:15:09 PDT 2002

Well, Yosh has certainly fondly used the term MacDworkin and talked about those following Kitty and Andy often enough here and elsewhere. i guess it all matters if it's, well, the right people using them in a discussion.

Subject: How to Analyze Nature & Reproduction without Becoming a Post-Marxist (was Re: poll) From: Y oshie Furuhashi (furuhashi.1 at osu.edu) Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 14:17:15 EDT

<...>

We're not seeing much success in changing the minds of goofy devotees of Andrea Dworkin & Catherine MacKinnon on M-Fem, to be sure. And we are unlikely to easily change the minds of radical economists whose primary interest is not feminism. <...> The same happens on M-Fem, which becomes active whenever obnoxious posts of MacDworkin varieties get posted. <...> <...> http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0009/0122.html

----- <...> The MacDworkin moment in America is over (at least for the time being). Y oshie

http://csf.colorado.edu/soc/m-fem/2000/msg01251.html

------ Subject: Re: Speaking of Rape & Deconstruction From: Y oshie Furuhashi (furuhashi.1 at osu.edu) Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 20:35:07 EST

<...>

Anyhow, questioning Yes categorically takes you in the direction of MacKinnon & Dworkin, which is to say, puritanical moralism. As for No, I haven't heard of any feminist who is happy with deconstructing No in the context of rape. Yes & No are not symmetrical in feminist thoughts. <...>

Y oshie

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0002/0081.html