the anti sex left

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Tue Oct 22 17:36:03 PDT 2002

ok. so who on this list is actually arguing for sexual positions as political ontology. because that was, after all, your claim: _This_ discussion is about orifice fashion: I'm for rimming and proud of it! Let's build a political ontology!

kelley

Rimmers in the LBO-Mist

Anthony, meet Joanna. Joanne, meet Anthony. Maybe you two could hook up?

So I was wondering is your integrity compromised when someone else cooks your food and serves it to you? when you go to a therapist instead of talk to friends or relatives about your 'issues'. when you have a doctor heal your wounds instead of Grannie the Herbalist down the block? how about going to a massage therapist instead of having a friend give you one? Why is someone's integrity and sensibility compromised if they purchase porn or sex but not when they purchase an apple pie. it is too bad liza is away, because I recall a nice long rant fro her about hiring prostitutes. She seems like a person who cares about her own integrity and sensibility and that of others!

what is the difference between someone's skills as a baker of apple pies and someone's skills providing hummers? what is the difference between you the consumer of them --in terms of integrity or sensibility lost--if you are buying a hot apple pie or buying a fuck?

clearly there must be because i'm sure worries about integrity and sensibility would not emerge were we discussing bakers, regardless as to whether they worked in 17th c. France, in an indie bakery in Berkeley, or at the Krispy Kreme factory in Raleigh.

it is liberation from that very subtle but very prevalent snottiness that i think anthony and others, in part, want. you don't have to do it with him. you don't have to watch. you don't have to do anything, but i imagine it is Anthony's and others' goal (among other goals) to not have to listen to some leftish types imply that there is something special about sex such that the ONLY reason anyone can want to have paid-for sex or look at porn is because they are the warped products of capitalist ideology. i might even grant you that much of it is quite related to capitalist ideology, but the really obnoxious thing here is the presumption of some lofty position above the fray where you observe the plight of those poor others.

"Mulder, could you do me a favor. Would you smell Ms. Bujes?"

kelley

You're It.