Powerful Attack Cripples Net's Core

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Thu Oct 24 07:45:07 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:51:40PM -0500, budge wrote:

[...]

> i don't think anybody failed to resolv a domain during the
> attack, but when att melted their core from CHI east a few
> weeks back, my east coast office was hosed for most of the
> day. and nothing *i* could do about it.

Wasn't this UUNet/Worldcom/MCI? They had a problem and it did cause some havoc here.

> if the roots fell
> off the planet tomorrow morning, by the time i finished my
> first cup of coffee, i could make my own servers authoratative
> for . and my users would never know. i knowwhich 'disaster'
> i'd rather deal with...

Indeed.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 Thou art God and I am God and all that groks is God, and I am all that I have ever been or seen or felt or experienced.

-Mike