Clarifications

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 24 13:40:19 PDT 2002

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Oh, yeah -- the Rev. Lou omitted this part:
>
> "This important article confirms, among other things, that the release of
> prisoners was truly nationwide -- probably one of the biggest human rights
> victories worldwide in recent years.
>
> "Despite Burns' attempts to suggest otherwise, protests of the families of
> the disappeared demanding information and acknowledgment are no more
> inherently proimperialist in Iraq than they are in Mexico or Argentina.
>
> "The rising desire of Iraqis to defend their country, among other processes
> in the masses, has proved incompatible with the maintenance of a front of
> 'totalitarian' unity by the military-police regime."
>
> Saddam scored one of "the biggest human rights victories worldwide in
> years"? Yep, speaks for itself.

I see that Dennis is putting words in the poster's mouth, who said nothing about Saddam "scoring" anything. I guess all that time spent at FAIR must have familiarized him with the dodgy techniques found at places like Newsweek. What a waste of time for FAIR and what's worse, what a waste of time for Dennis. I am sure that if he had gone to work for Newsweek rather than FAIR, he'd be much happier today. Poor soul.