Clarifications

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 14:01:21 PDT 2002

The Rev:

> I see that Dennis is putting words in the poster's mouth, who said
> nothing about Saddam "scoring" anything. I guess all that time spent at
> FAIR must have familiarized him with the dodgy techniques found at
> places like Newsweek. What a waste of time for FAIR and what's worse,
> what a waste of time for Dennis. I am sure that if he had gone to work
> for Newsweek rather than FAIR, he'd be much happier today. Poor soul.

Your kindness toward your lessers is uplifiting, I think we'd all agree, and I appreciate the sentiment. Still, one of your chums wrote:

"This important article confirms, among other things, that the release of prisoners was truly nationwide -- probably one of the biggest human rights victories worldwide in recent years."

So if Saddam didn't release the prisoners, and thus produced "one of the biggest human rights victories worldwide in recent years," who did? Amnesty International? Marxmail?

DP