Enemy of my Enemy?

Dddddd0814 at aol.com Dddddd0814 at aol.com
Thu Oct 24 14:03:40 PDT 2002

Andie writes: "That said, I think the answer to the question whether it is ever right to ally with or support brutal oppressive regimes who oppose our own enemies is: it depends. It was absolutely right to ally with the Stalinist USSR against Hitler, don't we all agree?"

Uh... the U.S. didn't ally itself with the USSR to fight against Hitler, but to expand and consolidate its economic interests. Was this "right?" Not on those grounds. Tens of thousands of Jews died as a result of U.S. immigration quotas. Are you suggesting the that US alligned itself with Russia on some sort of moral basis?

-- David