Anderson abridged (was Re: Anderson weighs in)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Oct 29 05:07:39 PST 2002

Dennis Perrin:
> Well put. I didn't see -- didn't have the patience, stomach -- but did any
> of the non-ANSWER/IAC crowd condemn al-Qaeda at any of the rallies? Or for
> that matter Saddam? Or was it the typical stroke fest that lefty rallies
> tend to dissolve into?
>
> You can bet al-Q is planning something. No doubt. That's where the attention
> should be, and that's where, in my humble, pwogs should have their heads.
> There've been a few Dems who've gone this route, and Arianna Huffington as
> well; but, for the most part, it's simplistic Bush bashing minus any hard
> take on a murderous, reactionary menace.

Could you amplify on this? I'm trying to imagine an anti-war demonstration in which each speaker dutifully chronicles the sins of the target-of-the-month, before then saying, well, we really shouldn't do any harm to this evil bunch of characters, anyway, don't know just why but it isn't nice. It sounds pretty zippy, just the thing to inspire the masses, and yet I'm having trouble with the specifics.

Let me play straight man to your promising future as a radical speech-writer.

-- Gordon