Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Tue Oct 29 09:25:23 PST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:10:50 -0800 (PST)

Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do they have any effect? (Maybe they do but I am not
> sure)...I mean, any effect other than give an
> adrenalin rush to the already converted and make them
> think they are actually accomplishing something.
>
> Thomas

Depends on what you mean by "success", I suppose.

Take for example all the IMF/WB protests we had. Those orgs suddenly felt a need to "reform", as silly as those "reforms" are--but isn't that a small victory?

I mean I get frustrated that they only thing I seem able to do is wave around a sign that says "No war!"....But I hope that somehow, somewhere, folks outside the converted will begin to think about the absurdity of this war. Not a "revolutionary" hope, but then again the hope for "revolution" is long off. I takes whats I can gets. --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]