Antiwar Protest Largest Since '60s

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 29 12:06:02 PST 2002

At 12:17 PM -0500 10/29/02, Chuck0 wrote:
>They have very limited effects, even more so when they happen in
>Washington. Strategically speaking, if I had planned a similar
>national mobilization, I would have picked New York or Philadelphia
>as the venue. The problem with Washington is that these types of
>protests hvae to compete with similar historical events. The local
>and national media will look at the event and say, "How does this
>compare to the Million Mom March or the pro-choice marches?"

Come to Columbus, OH on Saturday, November 9, 2002 for a statewide rally against the war on Iraq:

11 AM, assemble at the Goodale Park, 120 W. Goodale Blvd., Columbus , OH 12 noon, march past the Federal Building (200 N. High St.) to the Statehouse 1-3 PM, rally at the Statehouse, Broad & High Sts., Columbus, OH

Speakers at the rally: Ahmad Al-Akhras (Council on American-Islamic Relations-Ohio), Vernon Bellecourt (American Indian Movement), Debra Calhoun (American Friends Service Committee-Akron/People for Peace of Akron, OH), Jonathan Farley (the Green Party), Alvin Hadley (Metropolitan Area Church Council), Barry Landeros-Thomas (AIM & Veterans for Peace), Leatrice Tolls (Not In Our Name-Cleveland), etc.

Map of the Goodale Park: <http://www.columbusroadrunners.org/goodale.htm> Map of Downtown Columbus around the Statehouse: <http://www.statehouse.state.oh.us/encampment/map.htm>

As the rally has nothing to do with WW/IAC/ANSWER, no one has any excuse not to come. ;-> -- Yoshie