sorry

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Sun Sep 1 11:10:26 PDT 2002

Someone once said that many of the impulses that are derided as "PC" are simply a matter of "Plain Courtesy." My apology was in that spirit.

That said, and this specific exchange over the word "lameness" aside, I do agree the Left loses a lot of people by emphasizing how much work it is to be a leftist, and by making people feel guilty about too many things. I think there is a hardcore left faithful that gets off on hard work and "guilt and "hand-wringing," but most people are - quite rightly - alienated by all that. Who wants to feel bad about shopping, sexually objectifying others, making jokes, or eating tasty food?