sorry

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 1 11:29:50 PDT 2002

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> Who wants to feel bad about shopping, sexually objectifying
> others, making jokes, or eating tasty food?

I have several times argued, in response to some poster whose name I always forget, that these attitudes are not left at all. They aren't even pc, if one defines pc as simple politeness (as I do). They are simply vicious.

There will always be, as Engels pointed out in _Anti-Duhring_, a large fluttering about the left of various [fill in your own list]. Repeat, there will _always_ be. Complaints about this marginalia are simply complaints about the weather -- mere whining.

Criticisms of "The Left" (a nonexistent entity in the u.s. currently) that focus on these floaters are unprincipled.

Carrol