good news!

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Mon Sep 2 01:25:01 PDT 2002

Well I've seen many elliot wave charts in articles by the gold buggies, so I'm familiar with the waves. So far I have not been able to delve into one of the articals for any long period though. That's why I wonder what you find "mystical". I know that some of the same gold sites that talk about elliots also get into this really long wave story that says we are now entering the Konderdriff(or something like that) Winter. Very gloomy period. Survivalist inducing theory. That stuff with a little religion in the mix could easily be projected as the "end of days". Is that what you're talking about? The thing is, I can see a lot of reasons for this kind of outcome, but I have to wonder if it hasn't been "spun" for years so that when it is actively brought to existence we've already got the backgrounder. I've been looking through a book I picked up for a quarter at the thrift story many years ago by one of these guys, named something like Skoussen(left it in the car). Some interesting chapters, like when he talks of Hayek and Mises(sp?) and says that school predicted the collapse in '29. I think they're onto something real when they talk about monetary inflation, but like on the chapter on the cause of unemployment, they get all ideologically and the lack of substance glows through. Something is going on. Gold is being promoted all over the right-wing world. Gold mines are of interest to a wide assortment of rogues I'm running into folks like Haliburton and the Elliot Associates hedge fund which successfully sued Peru a while back. Peru had to pay off some debt Elliot bought real cheap. Elliot pressed several multi-national set suits that barred Peru from paying off their Brady bonds until they settled for full payment, plus interest. There's a Chilian guy posting on The Mining Web who says one of the big miners is not only trying to steal his land but that they've been reporting resources in their financial reports, even though there's a court injunction on the property. Other hints of stories of bottom fishing economic terrorists going for the gold. Really need to check out more mining companies BODs. ----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 1:34 PM Subject: Re: good news!