a critique of the march on Sandton

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Sep 3 08:12:28 PDT 2002

s-t-t at juno.com wrote:

> The demolition of Starbucks' window certainly isn't a travesty. But it
> is abhorrent for brick chuckers and arsons to use of the mass of
> demonstrators as shock absorbers for state violence incited by anarchist
> play time. When anarchist choose to engage the state through force, they
> up the ante for everyone present. If anarchists understand anything
> about state power, it should be that hurling projectiles at cops invites
> return fire. Nothing will change this.

Oh, go fuck yourself and your Leninist disinformation, Shane. We don't use

the mass of demonstrators as a buffer for our activities. Have you spent anytime at all reading about what the black bloc has done at past protests? A16? The Counter-inauguration? Seattle?

There weren't even any other demonstrators around when the black bloc went shopping in Seattle.

I also have to ask if you have spent any time at a recent protest? Shame on you for suggesting that anarchists cause the polcie to be violent! The police don't need a pretext to be violent! Most of the police violence I've seen at protests was initiated by the cops. The police just don't like demosntrators of any kind and they are egged on by their superiors.

> Such actions are what the cops need to rationalize their attacks. The
> Weathermen-types hand the cops legitimacy at the movement's expense, at a
> cost not simply in PR terms, but in health and liberty of other
> activists. They've chosen solipsism over solidarity.

This is just another example of your irresponsible ignorance. The black bloc is not the Weathermen. Try getting your facts straight before leaping to embarassing conclusions!

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)