New bookstore and infoshop in Washington

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Wed Sep 4 09:36:23 PDT 2002

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 wrote:

> Chuck, on your website you go on about being unemployed for months on
> end, being unable to find a job, possibly getting evicted this month, etc.
> How are you opening a bookstore?
> I don't mean this question in a threatening manner; I would really like to
> know. Respond to me off list if you want. If there is a way to circumvent
> the whole "need to have money" factor to do stuff like this, I would love
> to know about it.

This is not *my* bookstore/infoshop. It is being run by a collective that has been in existence since January 1999. Our rent will be pretty low and we'll pay for it through sales, fundraising, donations, and benefit shows.

Unfortunately, while we can scam the system to a big extent, there are a few things that we need resources to run. Fortunately for us, we're going to be part of this awesome community center.

It will be worth the wait.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)