New bookstore and infoshop in Washington

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Wed Sep 4 03:25:05 PDT 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Chuck Munson wrote:

> We're opening an infoshop/bookstore in a new community center called the
> Arthur Fleming Center. This building will house quite a few organizations
> and projects, with there being plenty of space for meetings, concerts,
> gallery exhibits, and so on.

Chuck, on your website you go on about being unemployed for months on end, being unable to find a job, possibly getting evicted this month, etc. How are you opening a bookstore? I don't mean this question in a threatening manner; I would really like to know. Respond to me off list if you want. If there is a way to circumvent the whole "need to have money" factor to do stuff like this, I would love to know about it.

> * Compression (art space run by Ian Mackaye of Fugazi fame)

You lucky bastard. The AFL-CIO put a song of theirs on their Labor Day webpage, amazingly ("Merchandise"). Looking forward to the Dischord 3xCD retrospective coming out next month. Didn't know MacKaye had his hands in the art biz.

Brian

---

"And Mr. Block thinks he may / Be President some day." - Joe Hill, "Mr. Block"