security? what security?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Sep 4 11:06:38 PDT 2002

> The only useful safety feature on board is the barf bag

Let's hear it for Mr Hyperbole!

I wear my seat belt. Check this out:

http://www.corrosion-doctors.org/Aircraft/Aircraft.htm

The flight attendant who exited the aircraft wasn't wearing her seat-belt . . .

> There is no way these checks can prevent a determined
> hi-jacker from smuggling things that can be used as
> lethal weapons, because the effect of a weapon depends
> largely on the skill of the user.

So what? You want un-determined unskilled bozos to hijack airplanes?

I'm all for raising the bar for what it takes to hijack planes.

That's not to say that this is what's going on, but . . .

/jordan