security? what security?

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 4 11:10:42 PDT 2002

At 02:01 PM 9/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
>>In short, there is NO technology available to prevent another September
>>11 style hijacking

which is why we don't rely 100 percent on technology.

as always, the human factor is the most important element. the failure to understand and utilize "human intelligence" in addition to satellite technology is one major reason 9/11 went down. and why the CIA wasn't sure the USSR was going out of business; why the bombings of US embassies in africa took place; why clinton bombed a pharmaceutical plant instead of a munitions factory, etc etc

>There's a difference between 100% security and 0% security. Missing 14 out
>of 14 smuggled box-cutters is a pretty poor record.
>
>Doug

i'd say it's 100 percent, doug ;-)