security? what security?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Sep 4 11:53:54 PDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Carrol Cox wrote:

> But I don't have the foggiest notion what a "retarius maneuver" is.

Retarii (if that's the proper plural) were those gladiators who used a net to entangle their enemies. Throwing a coat (or those blankets they hand out on long flights) over a razor knife would have pretty much the same effect. I'm pretty sure lots of people have fantasized (especially once their plane has taken off) what they'd do if the 9/11 situation ever came up again and come up with this solution.

Michael