security? what security?

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 12:26:27 PDT 2002

> [Love UAL's reaction - you could be arrested for
> this!]

Not that I'm complaining, but I've recently been taking flying lessons at the Airport here in Buffalo (then they raised the prices, so I'm going to a smaller field now, but that's another story)

This is a Class C airspace here at our Airport where international flights are coming and going all the time. The place I go for lessons is behind the main terminal, so I don't have to go through the regular security checks to get to the gates.

Here's what I had to do as far as security and background checks before I was able to begin lessons. NOTHING! I didn't have to show ID, give my Social Security number or ANYTHING! There are no security checks for when you leave the building to go to the plane and I can go outside and do a pre-flight check on the plane WITHOUT the instructor even going outside with me.

Compare this to my friend, who was installing fiber optics on the taxiways in the airport. He had to wait 2 weeks before he could even go out there because they had to do a full background check on him and the other workers.

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com