Bye bye ms Coulter

Cian co015d5200 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 12:11:24 PDT 2002

She's also the woman who said that all Muslims should be forced at gunpoint to convert to Christianity and that the US should execute a few liberals to show them the dangers of being traitors (I'm paraphrasing, as I'm too lazy to look the article up).

She's a very popular conservative writer of the David Horowitz tendency.
>From this side of the Atlantic its hard to see how relevant she is. From the
little I've read of her (she's a piss poor polemicist), she reads like she's basically preaching to the converted. Her arguments are incoherent, she makes stuff up and should be a joke...except she still gets invited onto talk shows as an important political thinker. Which speaks volumes about the right wing biases of the US media. I can't think of a liberal who gets the easy ride that she and others of her ilk get.

There's been a spate of articles in the UK press from the more "serious" neocons recently, attempting to convert us, or berate us (not sure which). What's quite striking is that all of them lack the ability to actually make an argument. Its as if their critical faculties have withered, due to the fact that they no longer have to engage in serious debate to be taken seriously, so instead they just state and restate neoncon dogma.

Speaking of which, the latest is from Adam Garfinkle (who he?), in response to Michael Lindt's original article on the Israel lobby:

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/ArticleView.asp?accessible=yes&P_Article= 11494

It took me several attempts to finish this (he rambles), but I was kind of curious as to whether he is taken seriously in the US? I mean this article contradicts itself, concedes every fucking point he does address (seemingly without realising it), fails to address the main thrust of the article he's writing about and just makes stuff up. Oh, and then there's the character assassination. Lovely

The original article for comparison is here:

http://www.stanford.edu/~bgiddens/lind.htm

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Chris Doss Sent: 05 September 2002 01:11 To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Bye bye ms Coulter

What's the context for this?