Fwd: Re: a critique of the march on Sandton

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Thu Sep 5 20:14:40 PDT 2002

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 wrote:

> Okay, first of all, if Flint isn't even on the list, I'm not going to
> respond to him here. This has all the air of being "told
> on," Chuck0 - as if I must be reported to other anarchists off the list
> for saying
> something against Black Blocs or for quoting Woodworth. I'll respond to
> people on this list, but not through proxies - not through people that
> have fowarded my messages to others to get a reaction from them.
>
> That's extremely juvenile.

Brian: You have a knack for putting your foot in your mouth. I haven't even gotten around to responding to the post that Flint responded too.

I don't know if Flint is on the LBO list or not. I assume that he isn't since he asked me to forward his comments. I gather that Flint has been looking at the list archives, which prompted him to contact me. I forwarded your post on Fred Woodworth to Flint last night, which prompted his reply. I forwarded your comments because I thought that you were way off base in describing who participates in black blocs. More specifically, in my experience, the black blocs around here have little participation from primitivists.

I've really liked Fred Woodworth's writings over the years, especially his criticism of technology. Woodworth is as pure an anarchist as you can find; he has a great anti-state and anti-authoritarian bullshit detector. However, he is not an activist and his comments about contemporary anarchist activism are incredibly misinformed and off base. Asking Fred for his opinion on anarchist activism, including the black bloc, is like asking a hermit for dating advice.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)