that's class warfare, baby

R rhisiart at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 6 13:58:28 PDT 2002

At 04:09 PM 9/6/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>R wrote:
>
>>the other day, i was standing in line at the pharmacy. the lady next to
>>me was told her insurance wouldn't pay for her meds -- insurance
>>adjusters are more in tune with medicine than doctors are as we all
>>know. she said, "what do they want us to do, die?"
>
>Of course. Why do you think insurance accountants call payments to cover
>patient care "losses"?
>
>Doug

yep. people's needs are debits. my dad was an accountant, doug, so i know exactly what you mean. not that kind of accountant, though. he got railroaded for exposing corruption, embezzlement, etc., in US air force contracts.

i turned to the lady and said "that's exactly what they want us to do." poor thing; she looked shocked. if i'd had time, i'd have stayed and tried to cheer her up a bit.