Dangerous Smangerous

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Fri Sep 6 14:16:05 PDT 2002

also, this applies to men and women, if it wasn't clear. we just manifest the basic dynamic differently depending on our gender and sexual orientation. and some people have an issue with it, i'd say, mostly out of fear of loss/abandonement. counterintuitive, i know, but you might want to consult some feminist work on love and intimacy in some of those bookstores in SF. the stuff i mentioned is fifty years old and is taught in a basic sociology of family/marriage course as a standard theory of how people fall in love. i was forced to teach soc of family as a grad student. wasn't my thing but i made the best of it and went on to develop a course on the sociology of love. do yourself a favor joanna and read some of it. it's pretty eye opening and good for the soul. take it with a grain of salt, of course.

kelley