WTO Stands For "Worship The Oligarchy"

Patrick Bond pbond at sn.apc.org
Sun Sep 8 03:24:15 PDT 2002

Sure is. We just had Oscar Olivera visiting us in Jo'burg; he's leader of the movement there. Jim Shultz and Tom Kruse help translate this to the US. I think Jim's web is http://www.thedemocracycenter.org or something similar. In the new books on water by Vandana Shiva and Maude Barlow/Tony Clarke, you get more of this story.

A great battle, terrific resistance, and a formidable battle now to drive Bechtel out of the courts, where they're asking for $25 mn in damages for being booted out in April 2000.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 10:45 AM Subject: Re: WTO Stands For "Worship The Oligarchy"