Mein Kampf a winner with big parties

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 9 02:55:54 PDT 2002

There was a story in The_Weekend_Australian on Saturday about how novelist from Cologne, Rainer Popp, as a prank had quoted unattributed material from Mein_Kampf in a membership application for most of Germany's major political parties --- they responded enthusiastically.

Popp said: "for the first few days I expected two men in leather coats from the Special Branch to knock on my door. Instead only the postman called --- with packets of election material from zealous political headquarters."

Among the quotes: "The stronger must dominate and not blend with the weaker, thus sacrificing his own greatness. Only the born weakling can view this as cruel."

Even the Greens said they were thrilled that he wanted to join them ...

I have to say I'm not sure that the major parties in any western society would be any different.

http://lola.d-a-s-h.org/~zgr/zgrnews/News-Portal/news-portal.html

www.flensburg-online.de/diverses/bewerbung-bei-parteien-mit-hitler-zitaten.h tml