How did Iraq get its weapons? We sold them

Cian co015d5200 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 9 16:03:11 PDT 2002

How about simple, testosterone driven, pride. Saddam humiliated Bush Sr (and by implication the US), so now having proven their manhood in Afghanistan, they want payback. Its an alpha-male thing.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Joe R. Golowka Sent: 09 September 2002 23:33 To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: How did Iraq get its weapons? We sold them

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> b) payback to the Brits for sending their mercenaries to Afghanistan -
> for some unknown to me reason the Brits seem to be the prime mover of
> military actions in the Persian Gulf; any ideas why?

Iraq & Saudi Arabia are former British puppet states.

> any other suggestions?

Oil, feeding the military industrial complex.