On the Unpopularity of Leftish TV shows....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 10 09:49:57 PDT 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yes, up to a point you're right. But it's also a problem with left
> culture that people are often afraid to be nasty or funny

Prove it.

No examples. Examples prove everything and nothing.

Give me general evidence that these are prevailing attitudes on the left.

Demonstrate that these attitudes, so far as they exist, do not stem from the preconceptions of the general audience rather than the "personality" of leftists.

You can offer no evidence whatever on any of these points.

The only reason these statements about "lefists" can be uttered with a straight face is because they are so constantly repeated by leftists who want to differentiate themselves from those "other leftists." "How glad I am to be not as 'those others'" is the fundamental premise of all statements about deficiencies on "THE LEFT."

It is a little bit sickening.

Carrol