On the Unpopularity of Leftish TV shows....

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 10 10:21:02 PDT 2002

At 11:49 AM 9/10/2002 -0500, carrol wrote:

>Give me general evidence that these are prevailing attitudes on the
>left.
>
>Demonstrate that these attitudes, so far as they exist, do not stem from
>the preconceptions of the general audience rather than the "personality"
>of leftists.
>
>You can offer no evidence whatever on any of these points.

Well, neither can anyone prove the contrary. Sense of humor is difficult to quantify and measure, you know.

But tend to agree that the lack of interest in left views and opinions is not a result of the personality or story-telling skills of the messenger. The main reason is the expectations and attitudes of the audience - which tends to be right-wing and generally hostile to left opinions which are viewed as "un-American."

wojtek