lbo-talk-digest V1 #6681

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Sep 11 09:49:19 PDT 2002

At 11:50 AM 09/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Right. Much of American left culture has evolved into an unbearably pious
>form. It's no accident, as Uncle Joe used to say, that our most popular
>spokespeople are our funniest--Michael Moore, Molly Ivins, Jim Hightower.
>Also a good many cartoonists, lately, that guy who does Boondocks. Btw, old
>Moustaches is a very funny, angry, vitriolic writer--despite the canard
>about Capital being unreadable (it is difficult), it actually has a lot of
>good jokes.

Oh, I agree. Marx had a very dry sense of humor but he was very funny. As for the left's humorlesness and pious self-righteousness, so true! I ascribe it to the "professionalization" of left dissent via the law-suit/lobbying current. Bring it back to the streets man...bring it back to the streets!

Joanna