On the Unpopularity of Leftish TV shows....

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Sep 11 13:49:05 PDT 2002

>Marta Russell wrote:
>
>>Bill Mar used his "humor" to put down disabled people every
>>opportunity he got. He created a legitimate anger in our community.
>>He was NOT liked by any of us. No body felt any loss when he was
>>dumped. So he did far more to damage whatever left leanings his
>>show purported to have.
>
>I don't know that it ever purported to have left leanings. List alum
>Dennis Perrin once worked as a writer for Maher and reports that he
>was a reactionary and an asshole. Which isn't to malign assholes, of
>course; they're very useful and can even give pleasure, unlike Maher.
>
>Doug

He is an asshole of the unredeemable variety. That doesn't stop him from being on the left. Marr was an invited guest to speak at the counter Democratic party event in LA where "the left" organized opposition to the Dems at Patriotic Hall. I believe that he also showed up for some Amy Goodman event. He has ties. Marta --