Afghan war dead?

Charles Jannuzi b_rieux at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 01:47:55 PDT 2002

http://www.counterpunch.org/jensendead.html

This article cites the professor in New Hampshire, and his figure as of December was over 3700 civilian deaths. The article also explains why this is a conservative estimate--it has to be for the sake of rigour in compiling the numbers.

This also means that, officially, as far as I can tell, the US military has killed more civilians in Afghanistan than it has combatants, because the only figures I can find for the combatant category stops last November and only totals up to about 3000.

If someone has more accurate and up to date figures for the combatants, I'd be interested in seeing them.

CJ