Anniversary

Yoshie Furuhashi yoshie_furuhashi at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 04:35:18 PDT 2002

--- Liza Featherstone <lfeather32 at erols.com> wrote:
> > Oh yeah -- the proclamations of the al-Qaeda
> filth, broadcast on Al Jazeera
> > and elsewhere, show clearly what they have in
> mind, and that they are far
> > from through. They are our enemies, comrades. They
> must go.
> >
> > DP
>
> Hear, hear. But does anyone seriously disagree with
> this? If the U.S. were
> simply seeking to rid the world of Al Qaeda, rather
> than preparing to
> overthrow whole governments with no proven ties to
> AQ, and to slaughter
> thousands more innocents, I'd like to think no
> leftists would seriously
> object.

You meant to say that "if the U.S. were simply seeking to rid the world of Al Qaeda _wihout violating civil rights, human rights, and international laws_...," right? Otherwise, I would seriously object.

In any case, what's the point of "if this" and "if that"? We are confronting the US government and society as they exist now, not as they could possibly be in some distant future.

Yoshie