Arundhati Roy in NYC, Friday, Sept. 13

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Thu Sep 12 10:02:50 PDT 2002

"Hindu fascism" is a fairly common short-hand reference to the religous/nationalist BJP party. While I myself don't like throwing the f-word around, I have to say that the BJP, some of whose leaders have openly praised Hitler, does fit the bill nicely. My father spent 6 months in India last year, knows Punjabi and Hindi, and he definately thinks the BJP has fascist tendencies.