Anniversary

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 09:52:30 PDT 2002

Carl:

> Hooray, the US doesn't have public beheadings. But we do nevertheless
have
> capital punishment -- albeit neat, clean, clinically precise and minimally
> invasive! -- a hopelessly corrupt ruling establishment, ever dwindling
civil
> rights and social services, and a culture stupefied by mindless
religiosity.

Perhaps you've overlooked many of the secular, multiethnic features on display here, thanks to, in no small part, the American left. Wallow, if you must, in your own marginalization.

> We are, in short, a "backward, reactionary" (nominal) democracy.

Yeah, we're just like the Taliban -- oh wait, what's the current line? I remember now: we're worse.

> I wouldn't cross the street to save the American Way of Life let alone go
> war.

Who's asking you to? Or better yet, who cares?

DP