Anniversary

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Sun Sep 15 11:37:40 PDT 2002

> In practical terms, what matters today whether or not you cheer
> Osama's death or AQ's demise? It won't be you who will be
> responsible for either when it comes.
> --
> Yoshie

Why NOT point out where the left agrees with the majority, whenever possible - it makes our minority positions less alien and more persuasive. Sometimes leftists regard such statements as pandering, but in this case there's absolutely no principle lost. For example, the argument that war on Iraq - a country which is not a threat to the safety of US citizens - will distract from the international police work required to bring down AQ - which is a threat - is a sound one, and one that I hope the anti-war left will be willing to foreground.

Liza