Barbarism and Barbarism Re: Anniversary

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 16 05:38:09 PDT 2002

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>In practical terms, what matters today whether or not you cheer
>>Osama's death or AQ's demise? It won't be you who will be
>>responsible for either when it comes.
>
>In practical terms, what matters today whether or not you cheer the
>victory of the proletariat or the demise of U.S. imperialism? It
>won't be you who will be responsible for either when it comes.
>
>Doug

I know that's supposed to be funny and all, not requiring a reply, but I cannot but think that the very fact that it is not just futile but laughable to even dream of "the victory of the proletariat" and "the demise of U.S. imperialism" makes barbarism -- of fundamentalist terrorists as well as of U.S. imperialists -- inevitable today, with US leftists reduced to an impotent cry of "I hate both Bush and Saddam!" while the Empire prepares its bombers and troops, with or without the blessing of the "civilized world." -- Yoshie