Anniversary

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 15 13:37:54 PDT 2002

Peter K. wrote:

>Oh and he drinks a lot too! How many times have I read the Puritanical,
>blue-nosed prudes of the left and right report that?
>
>I've seen and heard much worse abuse and insults directed at him from
>the left lately, so I don't see why it's a surprise he doesn't want to go on
>your show at the moment. Maybe he thinks you're going to ask him why, in your
>mind, he's so infatuated with "that idiot" Roiphe and other wife-beating
>questions?

I don't give a fuck how much he drinks; I'm no stranger to the pleasures of alcohol myself. And he's been on my show before and knows that I don't ask personally embarrassing questions like that. In fact, the last time he complained that the segment was too short, that he'd "barely gotten [his] trousers off."

Doug