inside the new Camp X-Ray

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Mon Sep 16 18:03:33 PDT 2002

>[Peter K, could you ask Hitch if this is what he means by the defense
>of freedom and civilization?]
>
>Mirror (UK) - Sep 9 2002
>
>INSIDE THE NEW CAMP X-RAY
>
>From RICHARD WALLACE, US Editor at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

I'll take a pass on that one.

>Occasionally, in a rare moment of good humour, some of the captives
>sing Britney Spears or Madonna songs. Oddly, country singer Garth
>Brooks is a particular favourite.

Imagine how upset Osama would get at the training camps when the boys would spontaneously break into "Oops I Did It Again."

It's more likely that there's a Britney fan, a Madonna fan and a couple of Garth Brooks fans who are teaching others the lyrics. The Great Satan's reach is wide.

But seriously, the prison is a national disgrace. The media and government officals should be particularly ashamed. At least human rights groups are making a stink.

I wonder what leftsists make of the US withholding aid from Egypt over the jailing of a prominent human rights worker. Nefarious Mossad plot?

Peter